Tuesday, October 2, 2012

DO NOT COLLECT $200



“GO TO JAIL. DO NOT PASS GO, DO NOT COLLECT $200.” Remember this?


Sometimes life deals you a chance card like this, and this past weekend was one of those weekends.  Luckily, just as quickly as I drew the card, I drew one of these!


Hal and Carly were coming to visit! I first met them in the heart of Tokyo on assignment for The North Face. We were there for a big TNF event and to shoot some new apparel. Spending a couple of weeks in a strange land with new people could be disastrous, but Hal and Carly are the type of people that go out to make the most of everything. Our time in Japan is something I will always look back to fondly. 

When I found out they were going to be in town to run the Bear 100 (a hundred mile ultra-trail marathon), I left work as soon as I could to meet up with them in the mountains. 

I could go on about the race, but I guess the thing I wanted to jot down was the importance of friends. Though Hal and Carly were already doing something super inspirational (running a crazy amount of distance for a crazy amount of time), its not just what they can accomplish physically that is inspiring. They live life to the fullest, and are continually bettering themselves and helping those around them to do the same. It's apparent what great examples they are by how others at the race interacted with this couple. Everyone loves them, and its not just because they are solid athletes. They are solid people. 

My weekend which started off pretty glum, ended pretty solid. 

Thanks to Hal and Carly!



Also, here's a bio video that Camp 4 made a while back...

No comments:

Post a Comment